19 Feb 2020
08:30 AM - 12:00 PM
First session focus:
Aspects that maybe covered include:
- Increasing student motivation and engagement
- Relating to students’ interests and backgrounds
- Behaviour management strategies
- Engaging your learners’ brains
- Collaborative and cooperative activities
- Dealing with discipline issues
- Using positive reinforcement
- Parent engagement
- Getting the support you need
This first session will also include a brief introduction to the assistance available around your registration process. As with all your sessions, there will be plenty of opportunities for sharing, questions and discussion with your peers and facilitators.
ERO cites “regular opportunities to interact with other beginning teachers” as being one of the key factors identified by BTs as helping their professional growth for effective teaching.