28 Aug 2020
09:30 AM - 03:00 PM
Learn how to set up and run a makerspace in your school: from setting up and organising through to designing powerful learning activities and supporting student creativity. This hands-on workshop will explore a wide range of emerging technologies and how they can be applied in schools.
Absolute beginners welcome- roll your sleeves up and become part of the maker movement!
Key questions to be explored:
- What is the maker movement and where did it come from?
- How is maker culture being adopted in schools?
- How does one begin setting up and managing a makerspace?
- What kinds of activities might students undertake in a makerspace?
- What are the crucial skills, frameworks and approaches for developing maker culture?