04 Feb 2021
09:00 AM - 12:30 PM
New year, new start, new class!
This course will provide practical ideas, tips and visual inspiration for teachers new to teaching and starting up their own learning environment for the first time or for those wanting to refresh aspects of their current practice.
This course will:
- provide ideas and tips for setting up an effective learning environment; zooming in on some helpful organisation and management strategies
- discuss the importance of class routines, expectations, values, class treaties and student goal setting
- discuss how to develop positive, connected relationships with your students
- explore how to create and foster an inclusive, cohesive class community
- share ideas around how to promote equity in the classroom and how we can best support all students in order for them to be successful
- a range of activities that encourage ‘getting to know your students’ including ‘Circle Time’ activities
- offer a variety of useful websites, resources and further readings to set you up for the year!