04 Mar 2020
01:00 PM - 04:00 PM
First session focus:
Will investigate what effective pedagogy means and how you might achieve this in your classroom.
Aspects that may be covered include:
- What is effective pedagogy?
- Teaching as inquiry: how and why?
- Creating an inclusive, supportive and culturally safe classroom environment
- Creating a thinking culture in your classroom
- Reflective practice in yourself and your students
- Facilitating shared learning including cooperative learning activities.
We will also talk about the Year Two BT programme that you have enrolled in and Ministry expectations for this period, and give out key documents for your year with us. Like all your sessions, there will be plenty of opportunities for sharing, questions and discussion with your peers and facilitators.
ERO cites “regular opportunities to interact with other beginning teachers” as being one of the key factors identified by BTs as helping their professional growth for effective teaching.