Keywords: Cassandra Erkens / Tom Schimmer / Nicole Dimich Vagle
Growing Tomorrows Citizens in Todays Classrooms
$50.00 inc. GST
Assessing 7 Critical Competencies
The rate of change in society is staggering. It’s vital to prepare students to live in, work in and contribute to a world in a constant state of flux. In Growing Tomorrow’s Citizens in Today’s Classrooms: Assessing Seven Critical Competencies, authors Cassandra Erkens, Tom Schimmer and Nicole Dimich Vagle describe this age of acceleration and explain seven critical competencies necessary to succeed in the 21st century. They offer as assessment framework to measure student progress and discuss instructional implications for each critical competency. Using this book, F–12 teachers, coaches and leaders will design meaningful, authentic and relevant learning experiences.
- understand the age of acceleration and its unique but powerful changes
- explore the seven critical competencies necessary for success in the 21st century
- study good habits of mind and develop more sophisticated ways of thinking in students
- gain numerous tools and strategies for developing and assessing the critical competencies in students
- reflect on each critical competency individually or in teams.