Keywords : Christine Mason / Michele M Rivers Murphy / Yvette Jackson
$50.00 inc. GST
Cultivating Heart Centered Communities Where Students Focus & Flourish
Build compassionate classroom environments and mindful schools that prioritise high levels of achievement and high levels of well-being. Based on the latest neuroscience research, Mindfulness practices details how mindfulness in schools can lead to new, improved ways of educating, learning and living. The book’s mindful education exercises are easily adaptable across grade levels – from prekindergarten through to high school – as well as across urban, suburban and rural school settings.
With this book you will:
- explore the theory behind mindful education, including the interrelated nature of physiology, cognition, emotions and mindfulness for students
- learn how mindfulness in schools contributes to a positive mindset, alleviates the impact of toxic stress and takes advantage of neuroplasticity
- understand the effects of trauma and ACEs (adverse childhood experiences) on student behaviour and the ability to learn and discover trauma-informed practices that support healing
- acquire research-based mindfulness practices, including breathing exercises, yoga for the classroom, meditation for students and cognitive reflection and awareness
- reignite the passion that first drew you to education and prioritise self-care for yourself and your students
- discover how to build a heart-centered learning community in classrooms and create mindful schools.