Taylor & Francis
- You cannot add "Tricky People" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
The SENCO Handbook: Working within a Whole-school Approach 6th Ed
$70.00 inc. GST
This sixth edition of the best-selling SENCo Handbook has been extensively updated to take account of the SEND Code of Practice (2014), recent research, and implications for policy and practice in schools and for SENCos. It provides vital information, practical approaches to the SENCo role and responsibilities, and perceptive analysis of issues, relevant to all schools, early years settings and colleges. Debating and discussing how the SENCo role has changed and will change, this book will help all SENCos, headteachers and school leaders to create and implement effective whole-school policy and practice for special educational needs.
Key topics include:
* leading and managing change in SEN policy and practice
* building the capacity of class and subject teachers to meet the needs of pupils
* managing the graduated response for those with identified additional needs
* tracking and recording progress
* developing whole-school approaches to policy and practice for those with SEND
* the deployment and management of support staff
* working with children, young people and their parents
* working in partnership with a range of outside agencies and services
Photocopiable training materials are included, as well as source lists for further reading and information.
The SENCo Handbook is essential reading for those studying for the National Award for SEN Co-ordination, whilst more experienced SENCos will value its academic underpinning and common-sense on issues that matter