Register / Lost my password
Check your basket
Show menu >>
Not for profit
What they say
Behaviour / Relationships / Engagement
In the 80's Robyn was a burnt out real estate agent and
poor time manager
. 18 years ago, having conquered her own time challenges, people started asking her for help. Today this mother of 6 and grandmother of 16 works with clients around the globe helping them solve their time problems.
She's one of less than 800 speakers worldwide to hold the highest professional speaking accreditation-Certified Speaking professional. She's also a Past President of the Global Speakers Federation-the body representing professional speaking associations worldwide (the only kiwi to hold the position so far).
Prolific Best-Selling Author:
‘Getting a Grip on Time’; ‘Getting a Grip on Life – Goals Toolkit’; ‘Getting a Grip on the Paper War – Managing information in the modern office’; ‘Getting a Grip on Leadership – how to learn leadership without making all the mistakes yourself’, with LaVonn Steiner, US leadership specialist; ‘About Time – 120 Tips for Those with No Time’; ‘About Time for Teaching – 120 time-saving tips for teachers and those who support them!’, and more in the pipeline
Clients today demand practical content their people can immediately apply. Robyn fits this brief perfectly. Audiences constantly say, ‘That was the most practical session on the agenda – I could have listened to you for hours. What’s more, I’ve immediately put some things into practice and they really work!’ She builds rapport with audiences very quickly and specialises in interaction – within minutes they feel as though she really understands their problems.
Her relaxed down-to-earth and interactive style makes her the perfect solution for an afternoon convention slot or an interactive workshop session.
Current Offering – Speeches, extended Workshop Modules and Coaching:
* Getting a Grip on Time’ – a range of speech and workshop titles around time management and productivity
* Life Balance, from a practical ‘what we can do about it’ perspective
* 'From Gumboots to the Boardroom' (From welfare beneficiary to successful author and international speaker – a journey full of learning ‘opportunities’.)
* Clear the Clutter and de-stress yourself – as well as those messy offices!
* Goalsetting Workshops using Robyn’s powerful LifeMap workbook to help people discover WHAT their goals are (the issue many struggle with in regards to goals).
‘Getting a Grip on Time’ - Keynote or Interactive Speech/Workshop
Alternate titles include:
‘How to Work Smart, Not Hard’;
‘Tap Dancing With Time Challenges’;
How To Do More With Less - Time Saving Tips To Grow Your (name the industry) Business’
Time management skills should be commonsense, but many people struggle - and so their work/life balance suffers. It’s rarely taught in school or university and yet the way we use our time, deal with our time challenges, prioritise, plan, delegate and communicate is critical to success in all areas of our life. The major quality that separates outstandingly successful and happy people from stressed and struggling souls is the way they make choices in life - hour by hour and day by day.
This is a very powerful and practical session – your audience gets the chance to solve their specific problems. In today's flat-out busy world we rarely take time to discuss and brainstorm solutions to everyday time-stealers. In fact, the majority of the answers are within the minds and experience of the group. Robyn skilfully taps both the questions and the knowledge of the audience: they walk away buzzing with enthusiasm, hope and action plans.
Apart from regular time management concerns such as planning and prioritising, topics often asked for by the audience include:
• How to run an effective meeting
• Better delegation
• What systems can be improved in the company, and how
• More effective use of email
• How to improve your work/home balance and have a better quality of life.
‘Getting a Grip on Delegation’ - Keynote or Interactive Speech/Workshop
Alternate title: ‘But I TOLD You! – How To Share Instructions Without Confusion’
Almost every senior person we work with has to delegate in some way - BUT - very few have ever been taught how.
And so management struggle:
• With too much work and too many hours at the office
• They haven’t got time to teach others – it’s faster to do it themselves!
• They know they should pass more on to other staff – but how?
• People interrupt with questions all the time
• Colleagues don’t step up to the responsibilities they should be taking on
• They can’t trust others to do the job well enough
And it’s not just the senior management. The transfer of instructions and information is a skill of huge value to all staff. Learn how to receive instructions as well as give them.
‘Getting a Grip on Work/Life Balance’ - Keynote or Interactive Speech/Workshop
Learn, laugh and be revitalised with a fresh perspective on how to enjoy a better quality of life and at the same time be more productive, have less stress and make more money. Discover the best of the best from around the world in time management knowledge and research, and how to apply it to the hot topic of work/life balance. Your participants will enjoy Robyn’s blend of commonsense, humour and practical illustrations gleaned from both her personal experiences and those of her clients.
‘From Gumboots to the Boardroom’ – Keynote
Robyn shares her journey from early years as a librarian, then raising 6 children on an isolated sheep-station in Northland, New Zealand, through welfare aid as a single mother, part-time government-assisted work, through to being a top-selling real estate agent. In 1992 she became a business owner. Since then she has three times set up a speaking and training business in two countries, starting each time from scratch with an entertaining variety of ‘learning experiences’. As her reputation as an eminently practical and easy-to-listen-to speaker on time management-related matters has spread, it has led her to many boardrooms and conference centres around the globe. She will delight your audience with her practical and humorous journey.
‘You Too Can Win the Paper War’ - Interactive Speech/Workshop
‘Every piece of paper or information lying around is a symptom of decisions not made or an action not completed!’ (Robyn Pearce)
• Ever felt stressed and overwhelmed by the volume of paper on your desk and the information you have to process?
• Are you convinced the stuff breeds the minute your back is turned?
• Ever given an embarrassed laugh and said to a visitor, ‘Sorry about my office – it’s not usually like this!’? (But it is!)
• Or taken them into the boardroom because you couldn’t squeeze them round the piles of clutter parked in every space in your office?
In this light-hearted and practical speech Robyn digs into the three key areas that help us conquer information overload.
• Layout and equipment – and how to save bucket-loads of money in simple but frequently overlooked efficiencies
• Quick steps on how to clean out the ‘mess’ and set up good systems
• How to stay organized
Getting a grip on Time 3 - 8 hours
Getting a grip on Delegation and Communication 3 - 8 hours
Getting a grip on the Paper & Information War 3- 4 hrs
Getting a grip on Effective Meetings 3 - 4 hours
Getting a grip on Email and Information Overload 3 - 4 hours
Getting a grip on Leadership 4 hours – 3 days
Goalsetting Workshop – 2 – 3 hours
FOR CEOs & SENIOR MANAGERS ONLY – Beyond Time Management 2 - 8 hours
Getting a grip on Time (3 - 8 hours)
Part 1: Planning and Prioritising (3-4 hours)
• A diagnostic to help participants identify their own specific issues.
• A fresh and simple way to understand and remember the underlying principles of planning and prioritising.
• Powerful yet practical applications on how to be more proactive and effective.
• Learn powerful techniques to achieve more balance in all the important areas of their life.
• Practical ways to work with whatever diary systems they're already using, or suggestions to improve.
• Delegates will walk away at the end of the day with a greater sense of overall control.
Part 2: Overcoming Time Wasters (3-4 hours)
• Robyn’s powerful facilitation style helps participants solve their specific time challenges using key excerpts from her other workshop modules. Specific content depends on audience needs. For example:
o How to eliminate wasted meeting time.
o How to avoid or minimize the deluge of unnecessary e-mail.
o Smart information management techniques.
o How to manage garrulous or time-wasting staff members.
o Quick delegation tips.
o Specific internal company issues, triggered by Robyn’s process.
Getting a grip on the Paper & Information War (3 - 4 hours)
A look at simple, practical and efficient ways of handling the never-ending flow of paper and information in our offices.
• How to structure our office, our filing systems, and our electronic mail for maximum efficiency
• Feel that you control your paperwork instead of it controlling you
• Reduce the paperwork and administrative detail
• Learn quick, simple and useful filing techniques
• Be able to decide quickly what to throw, and what to keep
• Some quick email efficiency tips … and much more
Getting a grip on Delegation and Communication ( 3 - 8 hours)
Delegation is a vital management tool - but very few managers know how to use it successfully. Instead, they work longer and harder, and feel as if they constantly spin in ever-widening circles. Their families complain that they never see them. Their work mates complain, no matter how hard they try. They feel stressed and out of control. The transfer of instructions and information is a skill, which all members of staff should understand. Everyone has a responsibility to know how to receive instructions as well as give them.
Part 1: Delegation (3-4 hours)
• How to delegate and get co-operation from your associates
• A powerful diagnostic tool to work out ‘next steps’ in your staff training
• What to do when your staff are delegating to you!
• If you are delegated to, how to help your boss delegate better
• How to be pro-active about clear instructions and deadlines
• Understand the benefits and barriers of effective delegation
• Tips to help you recognise ineffective delegation (including your own)
• Personality styles and how they relate to delegation
Part 2: Communication (3-4 hours)
• Effective communication - how to get the best out of people
• How to get the co-operation of others, so that your objectives are met
• How to criticise so the other person retains their dignity and you get a good result
• How to use the amazing power of praise
• How to listen
Getting a grip on Effective Meetings (3 - 4 hours)
Help your staff develop strategies to run meetings with excellence. This programme includes a mock meeting, giving them a chance to practice the skills.
• To know when and which meetings to attend
• How to not waste time in meetings
• How to chair a meeting effectively
• How to involve all participants, including the quiet ones
• Tips to speed up minute-taking, and how to use minutes effectively
• How to handle conflict in the group
• How to set and run an effective agenda
• The issue of time, in relation to meetings
• What you must know in order to get maximum participation
• A simple technique to make sure meeting time isn’t wasted in future
Getting a grip on Email and Information Overload (3 - 4 hours)
• To help you feel in more control of your Inbox
• How to reduce the addiction-factor of email
• Learn strategies to reduce the time spent on email
• This course is designed for those who don’t have a high skill with email, not advanced users.
• Although either Outlook or Lotus (depending on what software is used in the client company) is the programme used to explain the principles, it is not a traditional computer course. Instead, it’s a 'how-to' of practical and easily-applied productivity principles, with comprehensive notes. You will not use a computer on the course.
• Efficient set-up
• Efficient habits
• How to write email so the recipient can hear, see and action quickly
• The power of email as a marketing tool
• Email as a business tool
Getting a grip on Leadership - How to learn leadership without making all the mistakes yourself! (4 hours – 3 days, depending on components chosen)
Based on ‘Getting a grip on leadership’ by Robyn Pearce and LaVonn Steiner.
You won’t waste time on academic theories with no relevance in the real world. Instead, you’ll focus on real life solutions you can use immediately. You’ll learn:
• The foundational principles of leadership. Ignore these at our peril!
• How to overcome the ‘Fear Factor’ of being a leader.
• How to claim your space and power, even if you’ve never led a team before
• How to build a positive work climate – with tools to help you inspire, inform and involve your people
• How to greatly reduce those challenging communication problems – the single biggest problem of every company
• You’ll gain extra skills to give feedback and criticisms without pain
• Find out how to do useful appraisals and still keep high morale
• You’ll learn new ways to keep the team pulling together toward their common goal
Goalsetting Workshops (using a specially designed & powerful LifeMap)
(2 – 3 hours)
Less than 10% of any audience has a clear set of written goals. They’ll identify with:
• ‘It’s all very well to talk about how to do goalsetting, but – what exactly do I want?’
• They’ve probably listened to someone enthusing over exciting adventures or major achievements and thought, ‘I could never do anything big like that.’
• Or they might have a few big goals, work well towards those, but the rest of their life just ‘happens’ with little planning or clear direction.
Robyn’s ‘Getting a Grip on Life’ Goalsetting LifeMap workshop is a very enjoyable and easy creative process. Users are constantly amazed how quickly their dreams turn into reality, once they get clarity.
Beyond Time Management - For CEOs and Senior Management Only
If you’re a leader in your organisation and want to uncover ways to plug the gaps in your company’s profitability and productivity, this may be the program for you.
Rather than just a major focus on the regular time management issues such as planning and prioritising we drill down together, discussing some of the latest findings and trends to keep you ahead of the pack.
In a facilitated discussion group we’ll also uncover practical strategies to deal with information overload, interruptions, poorly run meetings, and the gamut of common time problems from the perspective of a senior executive.
(The specific agenda is created by the participants at the start of the session)
• How to use the energy levels of your team to find and fix ‘hot spots’ of poor productivity
• Discover ways to help yourself and your people integrate a better work/life balance, , which helps the company be more profitable
• Understand more about different ‘time’ personalities. Discuss practical ways to get the best out of everyone, no matter what their way of managing time.
Should you wish to request Professional Development with this facilitator, please complete the below form:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Getting a Grip on Life
About Time - 120 tips for those with no time
About Time For Teaching! - 120 time saving tips for teachers and those who support them
How To Stretch Time - 24 Hours is Enough!
Robyn Pearce: PD information