Register / Lost my password
Check your basket
Show menu >>
Not for profit
What they say
Behaviour / Relationships / Engagement
More from these authors
Learning by Doing : A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work™ 3rd ed
Richard duFour/Rebecca duFour/Robert Eaker
Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work™ is the best-selling guide for action that helps educators close the knowing–doing gap as they transform their schools into professional learning communities (PLCs). This third edition responds to the authors’ enduring work with teachers, principals and central office staff to address and expand on the PLC implementation process.
The third edition offers the following additions and revisions.
• Two new chapters that address common formative assessments and the keys to hiring, orienting and retaining staff members.
• A stronger focus on effectively implementing a region-wide PLC.
• New insight into clarifying the essential standards necessary for a guaranteed and viable curriculum.
• Helpful suggestions for incorporating deeper knowledge into curricula and assessments.
• A more thorough examination of systematic interventions.
• Explicit tools and templates from real high-performing PLCs.
• An updated research base, including more than one hundred new references.
• An emphasis on vital steps to take immediately in the implementation process.
In addition, contributors Gavin Grift and Colin Sloper have adapted this edition of Learning by Doing for Australian educators, to ensure the language, context and scenarios align with their unique educational landscape. They bring to the book countless stories, experiences and learnings to assist readers in transforming their school or district into a successful PLC. Packed with real-world solutions and strategies, this revised third edition of Learning by Doing will become a treasured resource for individual educators and teacher teams at every level of your PLC.