Teaching in the Age of Artificial Intelligence
Among teachers, there is a cloud of rumors, confusion, and fear surrounding the rise of artificial intelligence. AI and the Future of Education is a timely response to this general state of panic, showing you that AI is a tool to leverage, not a threat to teaching and learning. By understanding what AI is, what it does, and how it can be used to enhance education, you can let go of anxiety and uncertainty, and learn to embrace artificial intelligence.
It’s true that, along with tremendous opportunities, AI presents some challenges for the field of education. In this book, Priten Shah, a Harvard M.Ed. with a robust background in educational innovation, helps you face these challenges head on, so you can gain the knowledge and skills you need to use AI effectively in your classroom. Thanks to this thorough consideration of ethical considerations and practical approaches, you can develop your own strategy for leveraging AI in administrative tasks, lesson design, professional development, and beyond.
- Understand what AI and machine learning are, and learn about new developments like ChatGPT
- Discover strategies for engaging students more fully using AI
- Automate administrative tasks, grading and feedback, and assessments
- Use AI in innovative ways to promote higher-order thinking skills
- Examine ethical considerations of AI, including the achievement gap, privacy concerns, and bias
For K-12 educators, as well as leaders and policymakers who want to understand the role of technology in education, AI and the Future of Education is a valuable resource that can change AI from an unknown entity to an indispensable tool.