Keywords : Murray Gadd literacy under-achievement
Under-achievement Is NOT Inevitable
$35.00 inc. GST
Working Effectively With Struggling And Reluctant Writers.
The long awaited book is written as a reflection and discussion document for school / literacy leaders & teachers and considers different ways of working effectively with students (particularly Years 4-10) who are not always engaged in writing and/or who struggle as developing writers.
The Main Questions It Poses Are
- Why do some students (particularly boys and students from minority ethnic groups) under-achieve as developing writers?
- What are some key actions that teachers can undertake to help raise student engagement, progress and achievement levels in writing?
Who’s This For?
This resource was developed for two main audiences:
- For school/literacy leaders who could use the resource to lead professional inquiry and learning amongst their teachers. To this end, I have written a reading and discussion guide at the beginning and end of all sections. These often include actions for teachers to trial.
- For teachers who might want to use the resource to lead their own inquiry around the key questions posed in the resource. They could use the reading and discussion guide and trial some of the suggested actions as individual teachers.
How Can It Assist Literacy Leaders & Teachers?
The key actions are contextualised in real classroom situations and cover issues related to strategic use of:
- Teacher expectations;
- Topic selection;
- Instructional strategies;
- Classroom organisation and management;
- Classroom environment.
hopefully receiving stock for delivery early term 3